In the external world, there are many variables we cannot control, and if we are not grounded in our truth it is easy to get swept away in the opinions of others or to lose sight of who we are whenever we are impacted by the decisions of others (i.e. ending a relationship, job, etc.). Perspective greatly determines opinion, therefore, someone’s opinion of you in not necessarily true. Your value and worth is not tied to another; therefore it does not decrease if someone (organization, company, group, etc.) no longer wants you. It is imperative that YOU know who you are and to always be keenly aware of your value. It is okay to feel disappointed, sad and even angry whenever there is such a shift, but do not get stuck there.
Relationships (including business and friendships) are only amazing when both entities WANT to be in the space and have a mutual respect and adoration for each other. This Wednesday, we recommend the following ‘grounding’ activity:
- (1) Find a nice patch of grass.
- (2) Leave your gadgets elsewhere, however take paper and pen.
- (3) Remove your socks and shoes.
- (4) Step into the grass and wiggle your toes.
- (5) Inhale deeply and exhale slowly 7 times.
- (6) have a seat (on the ground, bench or chair).
- (7) Connect with nature.
Each time we have recommended this activity to our clients we have received one or more of the following as feedback,
- (a) I felt so relaxed.
- (b) My thoughts were very clear.
- (c) I was able to obtain closure on something that had been heavy on my mind.
- (d) My creative energy was flowing.
- (e) Many things were put into perspective.
You are worthy, valuable and deserve to be surrounded by people who authentically want to share your world. Cut the strings to all others and regain your power. © - Misha N. Granado