Life is a journey filled with beginnings and ends. Here is a story of an ending I experienced earlier in my life. There was a relationship that came to an end (before I was ready) and I was quite devastated by it, very sad and heartbroken. For the entire weekend, I remained in my house, in pajamas and wallowed in my sadness. It’s important to mention I practice what I teach meaning, I recommend to my clients the importance of allowing their emotions to flow, to not stuff them or ignore them. However, put a time limit on it, do not get stuck there.
I was allowing my emotions to flow, to run its course during a particular weekend. Traveling down memory lane and envisioning what my life would look like moving forward. Somewhere between mentally traveling to and from the past and unknown future, I heard, “Do you think this is the best I can do?” Disclosure: I have a very intimate, sacred spiritual life, one I have cultivated for many years and continue to do so on a daily basis. I refer to this higher being as God, whereas you may refer to it as Allah, Jah, Ra, Jesus, Buddha, Oneness, Love, The Universe, etc. For me, the name nor the way we practice is not important. There is no judgement nor any tolerance for the 3 C’s (convince, convert or condemn). Instead, it is a unique and intimate relationship we each cultivate in our own way.
So, I knew the source of this ‘wisdom’ and I dropped into my heart space to connect with what I know for certain:
- I (nor you) have not been forgotten.
- Love is abundant and there is an infinite source available to all of us.
- There is a purpose for all relationships and when the purpose has been fulfilled relationships will dissolve, change, evolve or end.
- No one person holds the key to your happiness or ‘happily ever after’ this is also applicable to those who are divorced or widowed.
- There are always lessons to learn from every experience.
- Love has not forgotten you, it never will for you are love.
- Trust is of the utmost importance, you have to fully trust your journey, the process, your source and know you deserve health, happiness, wellness, success, etc.
“Do you think ‘this’ is the BEST God can do?”
Whatever the ‘this’ is in your life, do you REALLY believe what you lost, ended, did not obtain, etc. is the best and only source available to you? What and who is for you is for you and there is nothing you can do to keep yourself away from it similarly if something or someone is not yours, there is nothing you can do to keep it.
Life is so much more than the limitations we have placed on our minds, hearts, bodies and God.
Today, I encourage you to take whatever is serving as a weight on your heart, mind and/or spirit and ask yourself, ‘Do I think this is the best God can do?’ Then expect clarity, closure, action steps, etc. the answer will come easy, you will know it once you receive it. Trust. If the answer, leads you to therapy, we are here and would be honored to accompany you on your journey. – Misha N. Granado, MPH, MS