One of the best ways to gain and maintain your power and sense of peace is by shifting your perspective.
Although you cannot control the external world you can choose how you view and interface with it and others. As for me, my perspective has shifted from acquiring things (although I adore pretty things) to acquiring experiences, moments and quality time. I’d rather:
- Watch the moon instead of television
- Listen to the heartbeat of my lover instead of music
- Feel the cool breeze instead of recirculated air from the air condition
- Hold hands instead of designer bags
- Feel love instead of pride
- Believe good things are possible instead of subscribe to limitations
- See people in their highest light instead of stopping at the surface level
- Forgive instead of hold grudges
- Walk solo instead of be a part of the ‘masses’
- Give the benefit of the doubt instead of make assumptions
I am extremely grateful to and for my mom and maternal grandmother who taught me how and created a space for me to become a critical thinker, embrace my autonomy and to understand the value and necessity of solo time and connecting with nature. All of these contribute to my perspective and the perspective in which Love Grows operates.
Today, I encourage you to make a conscious effort to begin to view experiences differently. What are some other ways you can view the situation? Is there anything you can do to change the situation? Are there lessons or tools to obtain? Perhaps a new perspective will bring a sense of peace, clarity, creativity and/or acceptance. Try it, you can always return to your old perspective if you want. – Misha N. Granado