The key to any successful relationship is that both parties must be in the same space (direction of relationship) and moving at the same pace (towards goal).
- If one party wants marriage and the other does not = pressure.
- If one wants babies and the other does not = pressure.
- If one wants their partner to change in some facet and the partner does not want to change = pressure.
- If one is romantically interested and the other is not = pressure.
- If one wants marriage and the other wants the same = perfect.
The truth is there is no universal, standard timeline/blueprint for relationships. One couple may date for 3 years, engaged for a year, married for 2, have their first child, space the others every 2.5 years and are extremely happy with their life. Whereas another couple may have met online, dated a few months, got married and are having the time of their life. The point is you cannot force or fast track someone into loving you, wanting the same things you desire or becoming who you THINK they should be. Love does not require force.
As it pertains to dating:
Enjoy each other.
If you two are not in the same 'space moving at the same pace' then perhaps it is time to go your separate ways (lovingly of course). You never know perhaps your paths will cross again or you may meet your ideal love, one who wants what you want when you want it and most importantly wants it with you = same pace/same space = perfect. – Misha N. Granado, MPH, MS